Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
As a Medical Laboratory Technologist with Calian, you will be working in the laboratory at CFB Borden. In this role you will enjoy the benefits of working with an established team of professionals, whose goal is to support the health and wellbeing of the Canadian Armed Forces military service members. This a Full-Time role: Monday to Friday.
- In a typical day, you may: perform, communicate and record diagnostic procedures; interact with patients, provide patient instruction, and collect specimens for analysis while maintaining the sample integrity standard; perform venipuncture; operate, maintain and perform troubleshooting on all laboratory instruments to ensure their functioning.
- Accuracy, teamwork, and a patient-oriented approach will ensure your success in this role.
- Diploma from a recognized Medical Laboratory Technology program
- Membership with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Membership with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Experience performing laboratory tests including, but not limited to, Haematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, and Phlebotomy
- You will be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level
Perks and benefits
- Weekday hours, 7:30am – 4pm – no evenings or weekends
- Collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Easy access to onsite specialists and support services
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits Package for applicable full time positions