Calian is proud to provide our public and private sector clients across Canada with psychological assessment services for candidate selection. We are currently looking for Clinical Psychologist in the Sault Ste. Marie area to join our dynamic team!
When our clients who operate in high-risk scenarios are building their teams, they rely on Calian’s network of Psychologists to conduct assessments to ensure their applicants are fit for the job.
Join a team of Clinical Psychologists nationwide who provide psychological assessments for Correctional Service Canada (CSC) or Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers, helping to ensure that our federal facilities are staffed with fully assessed officers who are ready to perform their duties.
- You will be responsible for interviewing candidates who have previously completed written personality assessments, which are administered by Calian. After your one-on-one interview, you will complete a template with your findings. You will also have the support of our experienced Senior Consulting Psychologist.
- In this role you will be asked to perform the second part of a two-part assessment. The first part will include formal testing, using MMPI-2 and 16PF, followed by the second part, a structured clinical interview.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and interpreting the results of the testing and then conducting the follow up clinical interview and ultimately determining whether the candidate meets or does not meet the requirements of CSC or CBSA.
- You may also be required to provide feedback on individual assessment results to the candidates and defend psychological evaluations when required.
- Minimum of roughly 36 months of experiencing providing assessments for public entities in the last 10 years or so.
- Must have completed approximately a minimum of 50 assessments for psychological readiness of candidates in the last 10 years.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D in Psychology is preferred, a Master’s with the proper background is also acceptable.
- Must be fully licensed for autonomous practice as a Psychologist in Ontario.
- Must be fully fluent in English.
- Must be able to conduct interviews with candidates in-person in a private office (remote cannot be considered at this time).
- Casual contract – Flexible schedule! Based on the needs of the client and the availability of the Psychologist.
- Work can be done on weekdays, evenings and/or weekends!